Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tudor Short Cloak

     Here is a picture of a silk velvet short cloak from the Tudor era that I really like.  I'm thinking of making one like it for the ACC challenge.  Sans embroidery of course, I'm not totally crazy.  I'll have to find some way of adding some detail to the front without embroidery though - maybe some wide trim?  Suggestions anyone???  
     I already have some blue velvet in my stash that I could use and not take up any of my $100.00 budget, so that makes this idea even more interesting to me.  Guess we'll see what happens.


3 comments:

  1. You could add guards in contrasting fabric to simulate embroidery. You'd have to creatively layer trim to get something that elaborate, which could get costly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's what I'll do and then at some point add embroidery/couching to the guards. If not before 12th Night then after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anybody know where a pattern for this type of cloak could be found? The site I got this from mentioned half circle gores and I must admit I'm clueless about that. Also, the neckline is cute, but looks a bit fidgety. Would it simply be another half circle or would I need to do more than that to get this look?

    ReplyDelete